Find a Career You Love to Live the Life You Want
A self-guided course
Identify the ideal next career move for you and learn how to make it happen so you feel energized instead of drained
- Are you tired of working long hours and not feeling appreciated?
- Do you often daydream about quitting and taking time off to escape the madness?
- Are you currently unemployed after leaving a position that drained you?
- Do you have the sense that there's another opportunity out there that will make you happier but you have no idea how to find it?
Waking up and getting excited about your day ahead
Feeling appreciated and knowing that you’re making a meaningful, positive impact
Reflecting on your day and feeling grateful that you get paid to do what you love
THIS IS YOURS FOR THE GRABBING... the question is, are you ready for it?
The Find a Job You Love to Live the Life you Want course is a fantastic blend of practical, real-life tips along with guidance for higher-level visioning and soul searching. Amy gives you the tools and exercises to look deep within yourself to find a path that aligns to your vision and values, and seamlessly couples that with real life advice for managing your LinkedIn profile, your resume, and the important series of conversations that begins with an informational interview and ends with a job offer! Doing this work is a vital part of career management and self-care, and this course provides you with the tools and thought-provoking questions to do it on your own time and from the comfort of your own home. I'd definitely recommend this course for anyone who knows they are ready for a change.
-Rebecca G., Senior HR Business Partner
This Course Will Teach You How To:
What To Expect
This is the nuts and bolts of career management from A to Z, starting with identifying the ideal next role for you and ending with how to land it.
Who is this for:
Professionals who are unhappy in their current role or currently unemployed and craving a new, more fulfilling opportunity
What You’ll Learn:
- How to build the mindset needed to thrive throughout this process (and beyond)
- The ideal next role for you
- How to build your brand, including resume and LinkedIn profile, to attract the opportunities you want
- Secrets about what to adjust in LinkedIn to show up in more search results
- How to prepare for your interview to ensure you shine
- How to negotiate your way to the best offer possible
What You Get:
- Access to six modules with valuable, proven learnings and actionable steps
- Targeted exercises to help you advance at each critical step of the process
- Printable guides to help you with flawless execution
- Lifetime access to the course
- Flexibility to watch the modules any time and in any location (as long as you have internet access)
For the Low Price of $497
The title, Find a Job You Love to Live the Life you Want! says it all. This online course delivers impactful information, insightful lessons and a thoughtful course load that allows you to dig deep within yourself to drive results. Each module allows you to listen to the lessons that Amy shares through various vehicles such as stats, personal stories and/or industry examples. Amy's experience and expertise shine through, and while this is a self-study course, she does a fantastic job of making you feel like she is along with you every step of the way.
Through "homework" assignments and words of affirmation, Amy paves the way for you to feel confident with yourself while discovering your inner passions. The format of the modules followed by coordinating assignments allows you to watch at your own speed and take the necessary time needed on your workload to ensure you are arriving exactly where you want to be. Each module is carefully planned out and builds upon the next so that you create a strong foundation for your next big step. The action steps are designed to push you out of your comfort zone and get to your core which is essential when making a big move in your career.
I am so happy that I invested in myself and am looking forward to what my future has to offer!! Thank you, Amy!
-Christine C., Art Director
An Overview of All Six Modules
Optimizing Internal Narrative
What you’ll achieve: New tools and awareness about how to manage unconscious habits that will promote clarity and enable you to attract new career opportunities
- An awareness about what approaches are or are not working to your advantage
- How to optimize your internal self-narrative to improve your outward desirability to potential employers (and beyond)
- Small, easy changes you can make to make this new challenge a positive, enjoyable experience
- Ways to invite opportunity (including job offers) into your life
An Ideal Role- For You
What you’ll achieve: Clarity about what drives and motivates you and a clear list of targeted options for the ideal next role for you
- How to decipher what type of work environment you would thrive in
- The three key ingredients that lead to work happiness
- Why past roles have not been a good fit for you
- What you should look for in your next opportunity
- What you should absolutely avoid in your next opportunity (and beyond)
- A clear list of industries/roles that would be a good fit for you
What you’ll achieve: A thorough and methodical check to ensure that the dream role(s) you’ve identified will meet ALL your needs and initial steps to help you land your next opportunity
- What to do to confirm that you’ve identified the right next role for you
- How to ensure your chosen path will meet ALL your needs
- How to start finding and connecting with people who can help you get the role you want
- A foolproof way to ensure you’re on the right track to finding an opportunity that will allow you to thrive
Build Your Brand
What you’ll achieve: Resume, cover letter and LinkedIn insights that will position you to attract the right opportunities for you.
- How to edit your resume so it attracts the attention of the appropriate recruiters and hiring managers
- How to leverage the work you do on your resume to update your LinkedIn profile
- What settings to change in LinkedIn to ensure you’re highly visible in the right search results
- How to build a cover letter that will compliment your resume
- What channels to focus on as you pursue new opportunities
- How to stand out among the crowd to secure interviews for the jobs you want
What you’ll achieve: Actionable steps to help you manage stress on the job-hunting roller coaster
- How to recognize and minimize stress before it impacts your performance
- How to talk yourself out of a downward spiral (and why it’s important to do so)
- Ideal ways for you to optimize your downtime to minimize stress
- Ways to stay calm and collected even in the most stressful situations (during this process and beyond)
What you’ll achieve: A tested and proven blueprint to help you land your dream role and negotiate the maximum package
- Step-by-step, how to prepare for interviews so you’re more than ready for any questions that come your way
- Secrets to help you connect with the decision-makers so you stand above the crowd at each step of the process
- How to ask questions to help you really decipher what the culture is like
- Ways to negotiate so you can diplomatically maximize your final offer
The price for all of this is just $497
Taking Amy’s course was exactly what I needed to help me reassess my current work situation. I had been struggling to identify the next step in my career that not only best fit my skill sets, but aligned with my passion areas. I’d start a job search but didn’t know where to focus, which left me feeling overwhelmed and unfulfilled. This course finally gave me the insights, tools and resources I needed to really dive into first defining where I want to go and then how to get there. I finally have the clarity I needed to make the change I’ve always wanted!
If you’re ready for a career change, you will absolutely want to sign up for this course.
-Sally M., National Account Director
What if I’m considering an entrepreneurial track? Will this course help?
2/3rds of the modules are dedicated to optimizing mindset and identifying the right career path. The remaining 1/3rd are dedicated to teaching people how to land the corporate role that they’ve identified as the right target.
How long will this course take?
There are six modules in total and some will take longer than others. I recommend that you move through each module in 1-2 weeks so this will likely last 12 weeks in total.
How many hours/week should I dedicate to this course?
Each recording will take 20-45 minutes to watch. It takes approximately 2-4 hours to complete each module, except Build Your Brand. Build Your Brand is the most intensive module because it’s the nuts and bolts of prepping your resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letter. This can take anywhere from 3-8 hours, depending on how much editing/creation you’ll need to do.
How does it work?
Every two weeks, you’ll watch a new module and receive easy-to-follow action steps to move you along in your journey. You’ll also receive supporting documents to complement the content in the modules so this will work for whichever way you like to receive information- whether it be watching or reading.
How can you guarantee this will work?
While guaranteeing any outcome is unethical in coaching, the content and exercises in this class have been tested and proven successful for 2+ years for all of my 40+ private coaching clients. This proprietary process was developed as a result of my insight as a hiring manager, my experience as a job seeker (who frequently received 2-3 offers each time I searched), and my professional training as a coach (certified by the International Coaching Federation).
Can I just purchase the modules that I think will help?
Each module was designed to methodically build on the previous. Therefore, breaking up the modules will not have the same powerful effect. Because my goal is to help you achieve optimal results, there’s no option to only purchase individual modules.
What if I already know what I want to do and just need help landing the role?
This course will help you further refine and pinpoint exactly what type of role you want to target, how to network and build your brand (resume and LinkedIn) to attract the right opportunities, position you for the role you want, and prepare you for interviews and the negotiation process.
What if I want to take longer than the suggested 12-week timeline?
No problem at all, you can go at your own pace. Once you purchase this course, you will have lifetime access so you can even refer to it in the future.
More Client Love
The Find a Job You Love to Live the Life You Want online course could not have come at a better time for me. Everything that Amy said in the course really resonated with me. It helped me see that my struggles feeling unsettled in my current career are not uncommon and inspired me to turn that struggle into something positive, empowering me to make a change to find my true purpose. Amy's course gives you the tools to help you embark on this journey of self-discovery and Amy makes you feel truly supported along the way.
Christine G., Vice President, Brand Marketing
I had been at the same company for 7 years and not really feeling fulfilled, which is why I took the Find a Job You Love course. The course walked me through exercises that helped me identify key blocks, some of which I didn't even realize I had, and work through them. Swim Against the Current's methodology allowed me understand what I value in life and work and ultimately find what types of roles I could get excited about.
-Connie H, Product Marketing Manager
For the Low Price of $497